[AFS3-std] Request for new fields in rx_statistics

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Missing Date

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> I just had a file server fail with symptoms that may be related to a
> particular client pounding on it and may be related to a problem with
> the file server itself.  If I had this statistic available, I could have
> seen if the culprit appeared to be user programs trying to access
> directories that they aren't permitted to access, or whether something
> else was causing the problem.  It would have provided some clarity.

> I agree that having this information per-connection is better than
> having it per-server, but having *some* information about the frequency
> of this problem would be nice.

I talked about this some more with Jeff, and now concur that global stats
here are not horribly useful compared to something that would show up in
the rxdebug -peer stats.  The latter would really let me do the debugging
I want.  Could these stats be tracked there insted?