Subject: Please review proposed letter to the IESG regarding the creation of the KITTEN Working Group with the IETF Security Area

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:29:38 -0400

My apologies ahead of time for the cross-posting to multiple lists. 

Following up on the recent discussions regarding GSSAPI v2 extensions 
which have taken
place within the Global Grid Forum Security Working Group; on the IETF 
CAT Working
Group mailing list; the IETF Kerberos Working Group mailing list; and 
many Zephyr and
Jabber chat sessions, it appears to be time to form a working group as a 
follow up to CAT
(aka KITTEN) to complete the necessary work.

Prior to sending a formal request to the IESG I would like to obtain 
feedback from
the interested parties.  I have posted to:

    /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/kitten-iesg-letter.html
    http://web.mit.edu/~jaltman/Public/kitten-iesg-letter.html

a proposed letter to the IESG providing the justification for the
creation of the KITTEN working group.  This letter includes a
proposed charter as well as a set of milestones.

Please read the proposal letter and send feedback to 
[email-masked].
Replies to this e-mail will be redirected to the CAT mailing list.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:56:38 -0500

Jeff, 
This look very good. 

I know I have requested the GGF and IETF to review the situation of extensions 
to GSSAPI, and I am sure many of the active GGF members (who also attend the 
IETF) will participate in the BOF and join the new WG. 

And thanks for volunteering to lead this effort.

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444