[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS for implementing mail servers

Tim Showalter tjs@psaux.com
08 Dec 2000 11:33:58 -0800

aeneous@speakeasy.org writes:

> > I will refrain from plugging my company's (Mirapoint) fine, high-quality
> > mail server products.  I'd also like to not plug IMAP at this point,
> > although I'll note that it's difficult to get most mail clients to read
> > AFS (that idea never really got out of CMU and it's been dying a long
> > time there).
>
> Mail clients will read AFS just fine - where did you get an idea that
> was a problem?  Perhaps you meant that it's difficult to get clients to
> read AMDS-style mail directories?

Most mail clients run on systems that don't support AFS, and most
clients don't run on Unix (and therefore need to fetch from POP or IMAP
anyway).

Sorry that my text implies something else.

Tim