[OpenAFS] Directory layout for new cells

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:42:37 -0600

I might suggest that something like a "fs" equivalent to -localauth would be
the way to go.

In fact, if you combined that with a non-kernel ftp-like client, you could
start accessing the servers using -localauth prior to the client cache
manager being really up.

That would eliminate the need to use noauth, and would also let you do all
the volume creation/etc. right away.

However, I think alot of this is moot depending on how long it's going to
take to get the dynamically created root.afs support. Once that support is
created, then you really only have to start creating root.cell, and you
wouldn't actually need to auto-populate that volume with anything.

-- Nathan