[OpenAFS] SUCCESS: OpenAFS kernel module for Linux 2.4.0-test11

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:09:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Patrick J. Hennessey wrote:

> I was able to compile OpenAFS by commenting out the 'venus' directory and
> its dependencies, as well as chaning the variable mentioned in src/README
> from LINUX_VERSION to LINUX_VERS (i.e.
> make SYS_NAME="i386_linux24" LINUX_VERSION="2.4.0-test11"
>
> This compilation was made with the patches by Chas Williams available at
> ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/chas/linux-openafs/symlink-fix.diff

The OpenAFS CVS tree (penn.central.org:/cvs, user anonymous,
password anonymous, module openafs) has these fixes applied, and will
shortly have a fix for the kdump compilation problem.

-D