[OpenAFS] problem in compiling openafs 1.0.1 on linux kernel 2.4.0

Dominic Lai dominic@cs.ust.hk
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:51:10 +0800

Hi,

As we know, kernel 2.4.0 has just been released.  However, I find difficulty
in compiling openafs 1.0.1 under kernel 2.4.0.  In fact, it fails when
compiling obj/libafs/afs/afs_vcache.c.

Taking a look at the code, the failed line is on referencing the
member "pages" (line 926).  It is actually a member of the struct
"address_space" in /usr/include/linux/fs.h.  Before 2.4.0-prerelease
(ie. 2.4.0-test12 or before), this member "pages" was still available.
But since 2.4.0-prerelease, this 'pages' has been broken up into 3
struct lists: clean_pages, dirty_pages and lock_pages.

The question is:  how to modify line 926 in this case?  Sorry that
I did not study the code in very depth so that I do not know which
struct list I should use.

Points are much appreciated.  Thanks.

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology