[OpenAFS] AFS cell to krb5 update

T. Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:26:45 +1200

Hi

Thanks to Ken and Nathan I now have a test AFS-Krb5 (--with-krb4) cell up
and running with both Linux (RH7.1) and Win2K client (Transarc client with
win2k service pack 2 does not need aklog)  getting tokens that work. The
final nail in aklog coffin was to alter the afskrb5 migration kit configure
script so that it configured the Makefile to use the AFS 3.5 configuration
(not the preAFS 3.5 configuration that it was using by default). Then I
needed to alter int32 to afs_int32 in akloc.c, added #include <k5-int.h> to
krb_util.c (I am using RH7.1 Krb5-1.2.2 client and libafskrb rpms which
store the include/libs for the --with-krb5 option in /usr/kerberos. I had
to copy k5-int.h to this include and all the other .h files that it
required from a real krb5 install). I then removed the $(LIBOBJS) entry
from the aklog: line in the Makefile. That was it I think but there may
have been some other things I changed but I can't remember any.

Other relevant info

compiled OpenAFS src vs 2.4.4 kernel (kernel.org)

compiled MIT krb5-1.2.2 (./configure --with-krb4)

compiled afskrb5 migration kit with

./configure --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos
--with-afs=/usr/src/openafs-1.0.4/dest
--with-krb5-obj=/usr/local/src/krb5-1.2.2/src

Then followed the Debian install script logs which I got out of the debian
packages but are now available via a web site (run by Sam Hartman I think)

  Now I only have to get Mac OSX clients getting tokens? On the test cell
the krb5 runs on the same box as AFS so I had to shutdown kaserver which is
only a problem because I really like the windows client control center
software and this breaks vs krb5 (I think the control center apps break
because they do their own authentication via kaserver and don't use the
tokens).

Does the "uss" programs in the /dest/etc work with tokens or does it do
it's own authentication like the windows control center programs?

If so our production cell will have separate krb5 servers so can I run a
mixed kaserver/Krb5 cell (probably only a couple of admin kaserver accounts)?

cheers,

Matt