[OpenAFS] kernel support for 2.4.2?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Mar 2001 11:00:40 -0500

I have no plans to release a RH 6.2 RPM for Linux 2.4.  I might be
convinced to do so, but someone else would have to supply me the
appropriate kernel headers.  Generally I have only used the
kernel-headers packages supplied by Red Hat.

You can build yourself a kernel module by installing the
openafs-kernel-source RPM and building it.  Yes, the sources are
really for Linux 2.2, but the only difference between the 2.2 and 2.4
kernel module sources are a couple of header files.  So, just replace
the param.h files the with the appropriate i386_linux24 param files
from the OpenAFS sources.  The rest of the openafs-kernel-source RPM
should be fine.

Alternatively, you could just try to rebuild the SRPM; you should be
able to make a small change to the SPEC file to get it to build for
Linux 2.4 (change "kernvers 22" to "kernvers 24").

Enjoy!

-derek