[OpenAFS] OpenAFS How-to's anyplace ?

Morgan Henning morgan@write-way.com
06 Oct 2001 19:26:26 -0500

Hi.  I have been poking around the web for a couple of days, looking for
How-to's on OpenAFS, AFS, or Arla.  What I am trying to do is set up an
AFS cell on my home network, in hopes of learning about the AFS
technology.  What I did was download the Redhat-7.1 RPM's from the web
site, build the kernel modules for my kernel (2.4.10, if it matters),
and start it up.  I left the ThisCell set to "openafs.org", because I
know that one works.  I can do a "cd /afs/openafs.org", and see stuff
there.  I can get source and packages if I go further down in the tree.
So, it would seem that I have a working client.  What I'd like to do now
is set up my own server.

This leads to the big question:  Where can I find information on the
steps necessary to set up a new server ??  Is there a How-to ?  Is there
a README someplace ??  I checked out the README included with the
source, and didn't see anything but how to build/install the source.  I
looked at the IBM/Transarc documentation, but didn't find what I was
looking for (admitedly, I didn't *read* it all, just glanced at it).
There isn't anything on the Arla or OpenAFS sites that was easily
found.  Did I miss something ?  Is there a server setup guide someplace
??

Help!!

[ also, if I am asking for help in the wrong place, please flame me and
direct me to the right place :) ]

--
Morgan Henning
morgan@write-way.com