[OpenAFS] Win 9X 1.1.1a client connection problem

Patrick Berge bergep@us.ibm.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:56:43 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to connect a Win98 SE laptop to my work afs cell.  The openAFS
Linux client works fine but the windows client just states "OnAFSEvent AFS
Client timed out , failure to respond Check Network Connection.  Here is
the list from the log:

New Session:(17:47:20-010)
(17:47:19-950)Socket Connect
(17:47:20-010)AFS:StartupMicrosoft wsock32.dll, ver2.2, 32bit of Apr 22
1999, at 20:29:32.
(17:47:20-010)comctl32 5.81
(17:47:20-010)Shell32 4.72
(17:47:20-010)ADVAPI32 4.80
(17:47:35-280)Start AFSD Creation
(17:47:35-280)AFSD Creation done - wait for notification
(17:48:15-260)OnAfsEvent AFS Client timed out, failure to respond
Check Network Connection.
(17:48:15-260)AFS Client timed out, failure to respond

The network is fine since I am able to ping the afs servers from the
Windows box.  The Linux open AFS client on the same box works fine and is
using the same CellServDB and ThisCell as the Windows machine.

Note:  The Windows Open AFS install appeared to work fine and I rebooted.
When I first ran WinAFSLoad I got  a message about Environment variable
AFSCONF missing .. so I just set it to c:\afscli and the error message went
away, but the connection problem still exits.

Patrick D. Berge
bergep@us.ibm.com