[OpenAFS] OpenAFS with Mac OS X

Thomas Vincent shetomv@pacbell.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:53:18 -0700

When I was at Apple I pounded the hell out of those guys. People at
Apple want to do the right thing, but sometimes getting them to realize
what the right thing is, is eaiser said then done. A lot of people need
to email Avie. Gavin at UMICH as influential and respected as he is,
wont do it. Right now, product marketing sees AFS as a higher education
only deal. People outside higher education at the Federal and corporate
levels need to email Avie, and anyone else they can think of and
campaign for this. There are people at Apple who want it. They need to
justify it to upper managment though. Plus, when I was there, there was
some degree of bashing of AFS, by the AFP guys. That didn't help either.

Cheers,
Thomas Vincent
Formerly with Apple Computer