[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:31:13 -0500

Yes. I did restart the client machines as well.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <derek@ihtfp.com>
To: "Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com>
Cc: "openafs" <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

> Did you verify that the Linux server was actually a part of the Cell?
> Did you restart the client machines after updating the CellServDBs?
>
> -derek
>
> "Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have configured a Sun Ultra 10 (running Solaris 2.6 and Tranarc AFS)
to be an AFS server machine to 2 clients (running RedHat 7.1 and an OpenAFS
version). The task is to move the AFS server processes from the Sun machine
to one of the Linux clients. I installed the openafs-server RPM on the
client machine and turned the server ON in /etc/sysconfig/afs. The server
processes do work on the new server, although, when I try to turn the server
processes off (I renamed the BosConfig file in /usr/afs/local) on the Ultra
10, I cannot get AFS to start on any of the three machines. I also updated
all CellServDB files and removed the entry for the Ultra 10. Anyone see this
problem or something similar?