[OpenAFS] RAID, AFS and tokens

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:52:57 -0500

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 09:24:40AM -0800, Doug J Nordwall wrote:
> While we're on the topic of Irix and afs...
>
> anyone here using Irix, PAM (from their freeware site), openafs, and
> openssh to login and get krb5 credentials and afs tokens automagically?
> ANyone tried and failed and have a war story?

I don't use pam, but I have successfully built openssh with kerberos 5
support to both 1) use forwarded k5 tickets if available and 2) generate
new k5 tickets from password.  It doesn't quite get afs tokens yet...
although I hack around that with aklog and friends in /etc/profile.

The k5/gssapi patches for the latest portable release of OpenSSH are
available at http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html.

If you have trouble with that, I did some changes to the patch and created
a local distribution that fixed some problems I was having (unfortunately,
what exactly those problems were escapes me at the moment).  If you want
that source tree I'll be happy to provide it.

enjoy
--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org