[OpenAFS] Change fs to dbs

Michael Robokoff mrobo@ahpcrc.org
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:32:28 -0600

I have a couple new machines running the latest version of open afs
as file servers. I have some old machines running AIX and Transarc
afs. I want to retire the old machines. All I need to do is upgrade the
file servers to database servers. The quick beginings has instructions
on how to do this but it seems a little off since they did not use rpms.

Can anyone give me the procedure of changing my fileservers to
database servers. And maybe what needs to be done to retire
those old machines? Well actually to retire the AFS service on them
since they have another app that will stick around a little longer.

Any help or comments are appreciated.

--Mike