[OpenAFS] RAID, AFS and tokens

Shyh-Wei Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:05:38 -0800

Well, like others and yourself, I don't understand how the fact of using a
RAID itself would cause an authentication problem for any client platform.
I think it might be something else that got changed as a by-product in your
cell environment.

Here are some questions.  (They don't necessarily link to each other.)

Are you using a Kerberos 5 authentication server or the kaserver that comes
with AFS?  If you are using a kerberos 5 server, do you see the following
error message in the KDC log?

    krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching

If you are using kaserver, is the machine with the new RAID an
authentication server?  Do you have multiple authentication servers in your
cell?  If so, do they *all* listen to both port 88 and 750? Are they
running on the same platforms and are they running the same version of
Transarc AFS or OpenAFS?  Would it be possible that the server with the new
RAID configured was not really functioning correctly and completely as an
authentication server?  In this case, all the clients would then be
authenticating with other authentication server(s), if you have any.  Maybe
the Windows clients are not dealing with the fail-over situation or the
other authentication server as well as the other client platforms do???

Shyh-Wei Luan

Petros Triantafyllidis <trian@itc.auth.gr>@openafs.org on 02/26/2002
02:50:31 AM

Sent by:    openafs-info-admin@openafs.org