[OpenAFS] afsd segfaults

Derek Atkins openafs-info@openafs.org
27 Feb 2002 18:50:46 -0500

Ian D <ian@assv.net> writes:

> > > ReiserFS (notail).
> >
> > This is your problem.  The AFS cache only works on ext2/3.  You
> > cannot put your cache on reiserfs.
>
> Well, it worked on my laptop here on reiserfs (kernel 2.4.13, mounted
> noatime,notail).

Then you were lucky before.  Reiserfs breaks the inode abstraction,
and iget() doesn't work right.  I don't know why it worked before, but
it shouldn't.  And you _will_ run into problems down the road.

Another thing to verify is whether the inode initialization function
in OpenAFS matches the init_once() in linux/fs/inode.c.  It's possible
that mandrake has (yet another) weird kernel patch, and that could
cause problems.

> --
> /Ian D
> ian@assv.net