[OpenAFS] openafs for Tru64 Unix 5.1

Jeffrey B. Woodward Jeffrey.B.Woodward@Dartmouth.EDU
15 Jan 2002 11:21:01 EST

I was able to read and write files in AFS. The problems that I =
encountered were just those with authenication (both su as well as =
klog). Thanks for the pointer to arlaclient...I will give that a =
try since I don't need AFS server functionality on Tru64 (atleast =
not now).

-Jeff

--- Jimmy Engelbrecht wrote:
Are you able to write files at all ??

Last time i tested OpenAFS on Tru64 5.1 it panic'ed when writing =
files
in AFS, i dont think the client is ported to Tru64 5.1 at all.

I do belive you have 2 options.

1) Run Tru64 5.0a, OpenAFS works very fine for us, we are running =
our
   whole AFS-cell on Tru64 5.0a, even the client was worked without
   any problems for us.

2) Run the arlaclient instead, which works under Tru64 5.1

however Transarc has promised a port to Tru64 5.x, but i wouldnt =
hold
my breath.

/Jimmy