[OpenAFS] issues with aklog and windows 2000/metaframe

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:05:59 -0400

I have a Windows 2000 Citrix server, which is part of a Windows domain.
The KDC is the domain controller, and I have a krb524d running on a Linux
machine to convert the v5 tickets to v4 for the afs tokens.  The
complete setup looks something like this:

Windows 2000 DC (demo-pdc)
Windows 2000 Citrix (demo-citrix)
Linux box with krb524d (demo-nfuse)
AFS file server (cfs)

When a user logs into the Citrix box, a login script is executed which
runs Wake whose default actions are to convert the MS cache to MIT and
then obtain an AFS token.

Everything works fine, except for one issue:

Somewhat randomly (most commonly, the first time a user logs in in the
morning...) an AFS token is *not* obtained.  What's stranger is that when
I put some debugging echo's in the login.bat file, the login script does
successfully obtain an AFS token, but opening a command window and running
tokens shows no AFS token.  If the user logs out and logs back in, the AFS
token is there and life is good.

I've tried using ms2mit and aklog separately instead of wake, but the same
thing happens.

What am I doing wrong here?  I'm not a Windows guy, so any help is
appreciated.

Thanks
--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org