[OpenAFS] OS X Server

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:26:44 -0400

--On Monday, July 29, 2002 08:11:52 -0400 Chris Jarrell
<chris.jarrell@integratedcolorsolutions.com> wrote:

> I did not get a response the first time so here it goes again.
> Has anyone had any success bringing up a cell using Mac OS X Server? Is
> = there any documentation related to to configuring a cell on OS X
> Server?
Fileserver support for mac os x has not been tested. In theory, OS X should
be able to use an "inode" fileserver on ufs partitions, but the kernel
module code required to do this has not all been written. a "namei"
fileserver is built and may work, but has not been tested. One stumbling
block here is that you cannot mount a partition as /vicepa, since
autodiskmount will thoughtfully mount it as /Volumes/vicepa, and the finder
will prevent it from being dismounted.  You may be able to get partitions
to attach by making a symlink from /Volumes/<something> to /vicep[a-z], and
creating a plain file named /Volumes/<something>/AlwaysAttach

However, this is not the cause of your problem. As others have said, you
did not include the -noauth flag when starting the bosserver on the
machine, as indicated in
http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ50