[OpenAFS] Re: Attacks against AFS lead to crashing machines

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy@e.kth.se
07 Jun 2002 13:20:40 +0200

Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk> writes:

> We had all three of our AFS fileservers crash; these are Silicon
> Graphics machines running IRIX 6.5 and using OpenAFS 1.2.3 (and
> now running OpenAFS 1.2.4).  The IP address mentioned does not
> appear in any logs, but it may have escaped logging.

We just tested our code on Openafs 1.2.3 on IRIX, the machine crashed, we
are now analyzing the coredump.

However this one seems to be another bug in the code. Which means my
"afscrawler" triggers at least 2 different bugs.

We were not able to trigger the bug on Solaris 8 running openafs 1.2.2.

/Jimmy