[OpenAFS] Can anyone reproduce this under LINUX

Norbert Gruener nog@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:03:11 +0200

Hi Derrick,

On Thu, Jun 20 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Vladimir Kondratiev wrote:
>
> > The same result: some .__afsxxxx remains forever (5 hours). Linux client
> > 1.2.5, kernel 2.4.18,
> > servers - IBM AFS on AIX.
>
> Servers should be 100% irrelevant. If my guess is right, backing out only
> src/afs/afs_vcache.c to the 1.2.2 version will "fix" the problem, but I
> don't have time to test that theory just yet.

we did some more tests in the meantime.  We have tested all available
OpenAFS versions under Linux kernel 2.2.21 with the following result:

   - under OperAFS version 1.0.1 till version 1.0.4a all temp files
     disappear immediately after the corresponding process has closed
     the file.

   - under OpenAFS version 1.1.0 and all versions higher, the temp
     files stay for some time; some files disappear and some files do
     not disappear at all.

Therefore we guess, the "problem" sneaks in between OpenAFS version
1.1.4a and OpenAFS version 1.1.0 !!!

We hope, that this analysis is of any help for you   :-)

Cheers,

Norbert
--
Ceterum censeo          | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
Redmond esse delendam.  | PGP Public Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/