[OpenAFS] MIT Kerberos V authentication with OpenAFS

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:25:12 -0600

Basicaly, you just point your krb5 clients at the ADS DC, add a afs@CELL
principle to the DC, extract it to a keytab, copy that keytab and a
KeyFile to someplace you want to run your krb524d service. You then run
aklog on the clients to cause them to get a afs tokens after getting
krb5 tickets.=20

Shouldn't need much special in krb5.conf. But I run with:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm =3D UMR.EDU
        default_tgs_enctypes =3D des-cbc-crc
        default_tkt_enctypes =3D des-cbc-crc

[realms]
        UMR.EDU =3D {
                kdc =3D kdc.umr.edu
                admin_server =3D kdc.umr.edu
                default_domain =3D umr.edu
                krb524_server =3D krb524.umr.edu
        }

[domain_realm]
        .umr.edu =3D UMR.EDU
        umr.edu =3D UMR.EDU

[logging]
        default =3D SYSLOG:INFO:DAEMON

[appdefaults]
        autologin =3D true
        forward =3D true
        forwardable =3D true
        krb4_get_tickets =3D false
        krb4_convert =3D false
        krb5_run_aklog =3D true
        krb5_aklog_path =3D /home/local/krb5/bin/aklog
        check_quota =3D false
        retain_ccache =3D false
        afs_retain_token =3D false
        encrypt =3D true