[OpenAFS] Off-topic, anyone tried this?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 19:12:08 -0500 (CDT)

> BTW, does anyone know which module sets the home dir? I get homedir not
> found BEFORE aklog runs, thus even if it does work, I'll have a problem
> with home dirs.

None of them, actually.  PAM does authentication, and NSS handles name
service.  The getpwent(3C) system call (among others) in libc consults
/etc/nsswitch.conf to determine where to find that information.  It never
needs to be set during login; it just always "is".  For example, you could
"cd ~username" for a user that's not logged in, and it could still find
their home directory.

[  t charles clancy  ]-[  tclancy@uiuc.edu  ]-[  uiuc.edu/~tclancy  ]