[OpenAFS] Help - Failed to load AFS client

Tommy Mann tmann@black.ils.unc.edu
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:53:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi!  I've just installed the OpenAFS rpms on my RH 7.3 box.  I've added
the appropriate cell in ThisCell (/usr/vice/etc), and also downloaded my
cell's appropriate CellServDB.  However, when I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs
start I get the following message:

Found libafs-2.4.18-3-i686.o from SymTable... Loading...
Failed to load AFS client, not starting AFS services.

What's going on here???  I checked a few other things out and here's what
I found:

In /var/log/messages I see the following errors:

Nov  2 15:24:34 black kernel: You must reload the AFS kernel extensions
before remounting AFS.
Nov  2 15:25:15 black kernel: afs: Lost contact with volume location
server 152.2.1.7 in cell isis.unc.edu
Nov  2 15:25:15 black kernel: afs: Lost contact with volume location
server 152.2.1.7 in cell isis.unc.edu
Nov  2 15:26:13 black kernel: afs: Lost contact with volume location
server 152.2.1.6 in cell isis.unc.edu

Basically, I get the "Lost contact with volume loation server..." error
twice each minute continuously.

Also, if I run /usr/vice/etc/afsd I get:

afsd: All AFS daemons started.
afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

I don't really know where else to look.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Tommy
tmann@black.ils.unc.edu