[OpenAFS] Re: Kerberos V and xscreensaver/xlock

Balazs GAL balsa@rit.bme.hu
03 Nov 2002 14:18:38 +0100

2002-11-01, p keltez=E9ssel Henry B. Hotz ezt =EDrta:

> Take a look at /afs/jpl.nasa.gov/home/h/hotz/public/pam/.
>=20
> I took a crude hack at making it work on MacOS X.2 (Jaguar).
>=20
> autogen
> make distclean
> ./configure --with-krb5
> make >&make.log
>=20
> That's after blanket changing "security" to "pam" everywhere since=20
> that's where both the libraries and the includes are on OSX.  Looks=20
> like some problem with flex/yacc.
>=20
> I'm willing to try any suggestions you have.  I also have a request=20
> in to Apple for how to link pam modules on OSX since it isn't a gnu=20
> linker.

Thanks for your help.

I dont have a OSX but You inspired me to rewrite
the whole configure system to use automake and libtool.
First of all the own conf parser code is now optional and not build
at default. You can enable it with --enable-confparser option. (But
i think you dont want it :))
With recent kerberos libraries (release date > ~2000) the own parser
not necessary.
2./ now libtool build the shared libs, so porting pam_krb5
can be easier. (This not means that it works, i only tested it with
Debian :( ). At this time to build it on OSX you must use gcc.
3./ pam_krb5 can use pam header files from pam directories instead
of security.

I released a snapshot in http://www.rit.bme.hu/~balsa/pam_krb5/snap/

Please note, the whole build system is brand new.

Any comments are welcome !

balsa