[OpenAFS] "Value too large for defined data type"

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 01:40:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Charles Clancy wrote:

> So, a file from my thesis has suddenly stopped being accessable.  I last
> accessed it from a WinXP machine running OpenAFS 1.2.6.  Now, I'm trying
> to access it from my Solaris 8 client/server running 1.2.6 and getting
> "Value too large for defined data type".  I can still access the file just
> fine from Windows.

I think this is fixed in 1.2.7; It's a problem with the date being
negative, maybe. Touch the file from somewhere to update the timestamp and
it should then be ok.

Don't remember details just now.