[OpenAFS] Connection time out, why??

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:35:05 +0100

Hello Paul,

thanks a lot for this piece of advice.
I have not realize these point until yesterday night....
I just wanted to be for sure, that the client takes the read-only volume.
I think, the cache manager simply needs a while until it knows of all of the
replicas.
So even after having done the vos addsite and vos release commands, i just
get the master server as an entry of fs whereis <directoryname> on the
readonly mountpoint, although there should be two. (I created one replica
site on the same partition and one replica site on another server).
let me try to explain this on your example:

i do

> vos create myserver a you.like
> fs mkm /afs/.@cell/where/ever/you/like you.like
> vos release root.cell
> vos addsite myserver a you.like
> vos addsite otherserver a you.like
> vos release you.like

when i then do
fs lsmount /afs/@cell/where/ever/you/like
i just get
myserver

otherserver does not appear in this list and i can write in
/afs/@cell/where/ever/you/like, which should only be a readonly mount point.
But when i restart the Cache-Manager, everything works fine, so i thing it
is the cache manager which takes a while.

Am I right?

I will try the
fs checkbackups
as mentioned by Craig Everhart

But thanks a lot for your good explanation.