[OpenAFS] Multiple hosts behind firewall and AFS cell

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
05 Oct 2002 17:52:22 +0200

Quoting Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>:

> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> writes:
>
> > Since it's NAT, _ALL_ machines have the same IP/port (from the server's
> > stand point any way).
>
> No, all clients have the same IP.  They do NOT have the same port
> (unless you misconfigred your NAT box)....

Right, sorry.

> If you specifically set up
> port-forwarding for port 7001 in your NAT box, then yes, you have shot
> yourself in the foot.  However, if you let the ports float (i.e., if
> you let the NAT box choose an arbitrary port for every "connection")
> then it should work just fine.

No portforwarding, no specific port configuration so they 'float'.

> If you are having NAT problems it is almost assuredly a NAT
> configuration bug on your part.  Note that Linux-2.4's NAT has
> hard-coded UDP timeouts -- you need to recompile your kernel to fix
> that.

UDP timeouts... Haven't changed that, so I guess I'm running default
values. Is this an issue on the firewall, the server or the client
(how to change that on win?)?