[OpenAFS] ktc_principal, smbname and Windows

Bruno Lopes bruno.lopes@tagus.ist.utl.pt
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 02:24:30 +0100

Our logins are based on a 'first.last' name scheme, with first and last
being substituted for other names when that one is already taken,
the largest being 20 chars long.
I also remember some limitation on the pre-Windows 2000 login name in
Active Directory, but it was restricted to that, pre-W2K, so we never
took much notice, since there is no such thing here.
So I think there was never any 'blocker' to large usernames...