[OpenAFS] "afs" and "admin" entries disappear from kaserver

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Jan 2003 09:42:19 -0500

Brian Sebby <sebby@anl.gov> writes:

> Any ideas what might have happened?  Could one of the other servers have
> overwritten the database when syncing with it?  What can I do to recover
> from this?  Any help would be appreciated.

First guess is that when you added a server you restarted them in the
wrong order and, as a result, it synced the wrong version of the kadb.
When you added the third server, did you add it to the first two's
CellServDB, restart those two, wait for them to sync, and THEN bring
up the third server?  If not, then it's possible that the third server
was voted sync-site without a current database.

> Thanks,
>
> Brian Sebby

-derek