[OpenAFS] Getting started with AFS

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:09:05 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Charles Clancy wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Thomas L. Bevan wrote:

> > I've got a little further ( the next command ) and now I come up against this!
> >
> > ./bos create michiko.aardvark.net.au buserver simple /usr/afs/bin/buserver
> > - -cell localcell -noauth
> >
> > /usr/afs/bin/buserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed
>
> "localhost" isn't your cell name.

Sorry, I just realized you have "localcell" up there, not "localhost".
Perhaps I should read more carefully before responding.  As long as what
you're typing there is your actual cell name, it should work if you fix
your /etc/hosts problems as suggested.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]