[OpenAFS] Boxedpenguin Like AFS System.

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:17:53 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Massimiliano Masi wrote:

> I haven't *really* find any documentation useful for installing
> AFS+Cyrus+LDAP+Krb5.

Cyrus and LDAP are independent of AFS and Krb5.  I posted 5 or 6 FAQ/HowTo
links on AFS+Krb5 to the list less than a week ago in response to a
similar question.

I assume you're using LDAP for name service.  Just setup your server with
the PosixAccount schema and run nss_ldap.  That has nothing to do with
AFS.

As far as Cyrus goes, you just need to set it up for kerberos
authentication either directly or through PAM.  In my past experience,
Cyrus doesn't like to store files in AFS space, using its own storage
methodologies and access control techniques.  So, I don't see that that
has too much to do with AFS either.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]