[OpenAFS] Errors: Fileserver freezes, Volumes contains orphans

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:25:23 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] Rubino Geiß wrote:

> One more thing I remember: Doing a “ps –welf” shows that the fileserver

however you quoted this upsets at least one version of pine I have to no
end.

> > Not unless you can actually get us a core or something else
> > to work from.
>
> But how can I get it? Is it really a memory problem? The Linux box itself
> seemed to be fine. There were no kernel messages regarding our problem.

for starters, the LWP fileserver (if you build openafs, find it in
src/viced/fileserver) will actually leave a core, unlike the pthreaded
fileserver, if it dies. if as i'm guessing you have one pthread dying now
this may help.