[OpenAFS] afsd.exe paramaters to disable kaserver authentication

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 01:55:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Lukas Kubin wrote:

> > Where does this exist (Win9x version of the OpenAFS client)? Is it for
> > version 1.2.8 or greater?
>
> No, I've only found the 1.2.2b version for Windows 98.

There are no newer versions.  Some people at IBM were involved in Win98
development 2 years back, and actually got it working in the first place
(before then it only supported NT/2K), but they haven't done anything
since.  Most people seem to be running 2K or XP these days anyway, so it
hasn't been a big priority in the development community.

As far as the Rx vunerability, as long as you "fs setcrypt on", you'd only
have to worry about a denial of service attack.  Of course, you're running
Win98, so an AFS DoS is the least of your worries.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]