[OpenAFS] OpenAFS speed

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:02:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Hartmut Reuter wrote:

> In our Linux-cluster with Gbit Ethernet
> and ramdisk cache I see transfer rates of > 25 MB/s into AFS.

I've never seen anyone claim transfer rates anywhere close to this with any
brand of AFS (except for the testing that umich did ~10 years ago bypassing
the cm and using dual paths).

Did you hack the client or server or do anything special to see this speed?

Cheers,
Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

"UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."