[OpenAFS] Build problem for openafs-1.2.8 on Redhat 8.0

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 14:58:11 -0500

Eve,

--On Thursday, February 27, 2003 14:58:53 -0600 "Eve V. E. Kovacs"
<kovacs@hep.anl.gov> wrote:

> I have kluged the rpmbuild to work by inserting some lines to delete
> the files listed below from the temporary  directory
> /var/tmp/openafs-1.2.8-root. Apparently, as the output implies, these
> were extra files that were not needed in the distribution.

As I replied already, you just needed to add:

%define __check_files  %{nil}

at the top of your spec file.  OpenAFS includes a lot of files that
aren't packaged in the RPMs by default.  This new check in RPM
considers this to be an error, when really it's expected.

Rudy