[OpenAFS] Replication

Brent Johnson Brent.A.Johnson@jpl.nasa.gov
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:16:24 -0800

--------------090504020600030908010200

I care. -Brent

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Dexter "Kim" Kimball wrote:
>
>We have a tool that effectively does this (2 below), which I can probably
>make available if anyone cares.
>

>>2) write a script that,
>>    a.  runs vos examine against the read-only volume of interest, parse out
>>the update times and do a "sort -u" or the equivalent
>>    b.  we might have run vos examine against the RW as well -- I don't
>>remember if you get the RW update time from the vos exa of the RO volume
>>    c.  So you've got the update times of all of the ROs and of the single
>>RW
>>    d.  If the "sort -u" in step (a) results in more than one update time,
>>the ROs are out of synch with each other -- so we'd do a vos release to
>>correct this
>>    e.  If the ROs are in synch and if the RW is "older" than the ROs, then
>>the RW hasn't been changed since the last vos release -- so don't do
>>anything
>>    f.   If the ROs are in synch but the RW is "younger" than the ROs, then
>>the RW has been changed since the last vos release -- so update the ROs with
>>vos release
>>    g.  Check the result codes from vos release
>>    h.  Repeat the vos examines and reinspect the update times.
>>    i.   Repeat the vos release and/or use vos release -force if steps (g)
>>or (h) indicate a vos release failure

Brent A. Johnson
JPL File Services Engineer
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Telephone: 4-2138 or 818-354-2138	Pager: 1-800-759-8888 PIN=1256866

--------------090504020600030908010200

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I care. -Brent<br>
Derrick J Brashear wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.3.96L.1030303013710.2936Q-100000@scully.trafford.dementia.org">
  <pre wrap="">On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Dexter "Kim" Kimball wrote:

We have a tool that effectively does this (2 below), which I can probably
make available if anyone cares.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">2) write a script that,