[OpenAFS] kernel panic with "fs mkmount": was: afsd core dumps

Richard Jones openafs-info@jonze.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 18:35:14 +0100

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 10:18:22AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Richard Jones <openafs-info@jonze.com> writes:
>
> > > Do you have the kernel module installed in your kernel?
> >
> > That's done it. Thanks!
> >
> > Now I have trouble doing anything in /afs, for example:
> >
> > # fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
> > fs:'/afs/jonze.com': Operation timed out
>
> Do you have the right DB servers configured in your
> /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB file?  Assuming the server is on the same
> machine, are you sure the server is up and running before your client
> starts?

Thanks (again), Derek, that was the problem. It is confusing with the
documentation listing /usr/vice and /usr/afs when my binaries are
installed in /usr/local/openafs.

Right, sorry to have to ask the list again, but now I have encountered
what I think might be a real problem:

When executing any "fs mkmount" command, I get a kernel panic. The
output follows. Can anyone help, or should this go to freebsd-ports list
instead?

# fs mkmount /afs/jonze.com root.cell

Fatal Trap12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address	= 0x4
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc01a535f
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xceeacde30
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xceeacde44
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			  DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process		= 371(fs)
interrupt mask		= none
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault

FreeBSD 4.8 RC2, openafs-1.2.9 compiled from source.

Thanks,

Richard

--
Richard Jones