[OpenAFS] AFS Client for Linux trying to contact server at localhost instead of address in CellServDB

Richard Eggert II richard_eggert@comcast.net
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:22:38 -0400

Hallelujah, it works!

Well, almost. ;-)

It now successfully mounts /afs and /afs/cellname, but I get errors when
trying to access most of the volumes on the server from the client =
machine.

"vos syncvldb" yielded a bunch of warnings about orphaned volumes on the
server machine (at the full hostname) and said that the VLDB says the
volumes are on localhost.

"vos examine user" yields the following:

Could not fetch the information about volume 536870936 from the server
Possible communication failure
Error in vos examine command.
Possible communication failure

Dump only information from VLDB

user
    RWrite: 536870936
    number of sites -> 1
       server localhost.localdomain partition /vicepa RW Site

How do I go about correcting the entries in the VLDB?  "vos syncvldb" =
and
"vos syncserv" alone didn't do it.

Rich