[OpenAFS] AFS/UNIX attributes, home directories in AFS

John Gruenenfelder johng@bach.as.arizona.edu
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:41:49 -0700

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 03:03:30PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>(SSH with public key authentication works poorly with AFS in the best of
>circumstances, since when you authenticate with a public key there's no
>way to get an AFS token automatically, so that application in particular
>may not be the best example.)

I have a question about exactly this.  How can I get around this?  I am in the
process of setting up a small cell at work and some of the users (myself
included) use pubkey authentication with SSH since it makes hopping around
machines so much easier.

As you point out, though, I have noticed that none of the PAM scripts are run
when I log in with this method.  That means no Kerberos tickets and no AFS
tokens.  I think the Kerberos part can be resolved by using a version of SSH
with Kerberos bits compiled in.

How can I resolve this?

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng@as.arizona.edu