[OpenAFS] What's the status of 2.6 linux kernel support?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:40:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

>> recompile, with no PAGs.
>
> Actually, that's not precisely true.  You get PAG's; you just don't get the
> property that PAG membership survives a call to setgroups().

It's precisely true that you didn't need to CC me on this. It's also
precisely true that I get nothing belonging to PAG. Please rip off your
apostrophe key, and hand it to me when you get back.

> So, at login time or after running su, you will likely have tokens associated
> with your UID.  But if a user runs pagsh explicitly, the resulting shell will
> be in an independent PAG.

Fair enough. I should describe this as "PAGs will not work as you expect".