[OpenAFS] AFS Perl module and threaded Perl

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:56:45 -0800

I'd really like to use the AFS Perl module in a few more places than I'm
using it now, including on Debian systems where we're using the Debian
Perl.  The problem is that Debian Perl is built with threading support,
which the AFS Perl module apparently doesn't support.

This is apparently a known issue that's even been localized.  Could
someone fill me in on what the conflict is?  A Google search turned up the
documentation that it didn't work, but not details on exactly why not.
I'm willing to do some work to try to get this fixed, as this is really
causing a problem for us at the moment.

Thanks!