[OpenAFS] FreeBSD and OpenAFS Server

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:42:00 -0500

At 3:23 PM -0800 1/12/04, Matt Weatherford wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to get an OpenAFS cell up with minimal pain, can
>anyone tell me what the state of OpenAFS with FreeBSD is
>and what versions I should use for best stability.

I believe the OpenAFS server code works pretty well on any OS.
For a server, I'd suggest going with release 4.9 or later
("later" meaning "you build freebsd-stable from source").

It's the client side where more work is involved.  I must admit
that I am not sure of the current status of the OpenAFS client
for freebsd.  It might be that the client-support will work
better on freebsd 5.2 (which was JUST released), but I do not
know that for sure.