[OpenAFS] Re: Problem gssklog 0.9 - AFS K5

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:03:30 -0400

> On Tuesday, June 08, 2004 08:08:21 -0500 "Douglas E. Engert"
> <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > gssklog used 750 TCP as it was to run on the AFS database servers, and
> > as Kerberos V5 was being added to AFS, the KDC would be on different
> > machines. Thus there should be no other uses of port 750 TCP on an AFS
> > server.
>
> Eww.  Hm; I feel the need to repeat that.  EWWW.

The historic windows client's use of the cellservdb to find kerberos
servers and use of K4 UDP rather than rx has been unpleasant.
Thankfully, with the new windows code using K5 that is no longer
a problem.