[OpenAFS] "unable to authenticate to AFS" error- linux distribution specific?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:33:16 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Thomas Bertram wrote:

> Under SuSE 9.1 (2.6 Kernel) I encountered the same problem. However, on two
> installations with SuSE 9.0 with an own compiled 2.6.7 kernel and a compiled
> AFS 1.3.71 client,  klog is working properly -- also with the same old
> server.

Someone claimed compiling the entire kauth directory without optimization
"fixed" the problem. Ideally someone would figure out which file, or
better yet which function, needs to be compiled this way, so the problem
could be fixed for real. no one has.