[OpenAFS] first server : volume create error

Jason Mccabe Jason.Mccabe@mci.com
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:19:12 -0500

OK.  I'm a newbie to AFS config.  I've tried
to install my first server.  When I try the
"vos create", it fails.

Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
Possible communication failure
Possible communication failure

I was receiving that error:

  rxi_GetUDPSocket: bind failed"

afterwards on the first attempt.

I figured InfoVista listeners may be conflicting, so
I shut down InfoVista.  I don't see any more bind
failures, but I still can't fetch the partition list.
I don't see anything else in the listening sockets
that would conflict.  Is there a list of ports that
AFS uses?

I've rummaged around on The Web looking at pages
with this problem, but I didn't see a suggestion that
would fix my problem.

This is Solaris 8 64-bit on sun4u.

Thoughts?

Thanks.