[OpenAFS] Error: 11862791 AFS service may not have started - Solved

Ajeet Nankani ajeetnankani@gmx.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:56:45 +0100

Hi,

I did the same as you wrote, and the output of the token.exe is,
Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

pioctl CreateFile(\\afs\all\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: [The network
location cannot be reached. For information about network
troubleshooting, see
Windows Help.
]
AFS device may not have started

I also disabled offline files by going into this menu in windows explorer,
Tools>FolderOptions>OfflineFiles
unchecked EnableOfflineFiles

but this did not help, and still i got same error that

The AFS Client was unable to obtain tokens as xxx in cell xxx
Error: 11862791 (AFS service may not have started)

After this I thought it may have to do something with NetBios over
TCP/IP, which was disabled for the LAN connection to internet, and after
enabling it the problem is solved.

By still i am wondering what AFS has to do with NetBios? Also I have
firewall which I guess(note sure) does not allow NetBios packets. So
even if i have enabled NetBios my LAN connection then firewall should
not allow NetBios packets.

Thanks.

-ajeet.