[OpenAFS] cache managers on openAFS clients NOT caching

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:12:14 -0400

Please be sure to CC openafs-info on all replies.

One way to test whether the cache is caching or not is to start AFS
with NO cache and compare it to starting AFS with a primed cache.  You
can clear the cache by "rm /usr/vice/cache/*Items" (make absolutely
sure that AFS is NOT running when you execute this command).  Then
when you start AFS it will have no cache.  I bet it takes much longer
to execute your program with an empty cache than it does with the
primed cache.

-derek