[OpenAFS] afs_pam2 - A simplier approach to AFS integration during login

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:15:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

>>> pam_afs2.c will then call the gafstoken routine that will
>>> get a PAG using syscalls, then fork/exec your favorite aklog,
>>> ak5log, gssklog, or afslog to actually get the token.

Ask Ken Hornstein about my mockery of forking aklog. Anyway,

>> Basically, you're doing the same thing as   pam_openafs_session.so   in
>> debian.
>
> Could be, but its for more then debian. I would like to see OpenAFS
> provide the PAM routine that would run in any system.

We don't provide aklog, afslog, ak5log, gssklog or fries with that yet, so
basically we'd be providing "hey buddy, wanna fork /bin/true?"

> pam_afs2 in not doing authentication, it is there to get a PAG and token
> using the credentials saved by a previous pam or by the application like
> OpenSSH.

I wrote that in like 1997, it was called pam_afs, used the kerberos
tickets gotten by pam_krb4, and linked libraries instead of forking;-)