[OpenAFS] MS Access and OpenAFS

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:44:17 -0700

One can reverse engineer the Access database design with Visio Enterprise
and have Visio emit new definitions for any number of real databases.

AFS is a good place to archive .mdb files.

Being a university, one should investigate SQL server for multiuser
applications. Its Data Transformation Services work quite well. Of course
then you have that to backup.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Federico Balbi
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:54 PM
To: Gabe Castillo
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] MS Access and OpenAFS

I do not think AFS would be good with concurrent users. AFS is good to share
many small files with low concurrency access. If you have bunch of MDB and
low probability to have 2 users or more using it concurrently then it would
be fine.

Federico Balbi
Division of Computer Science
University of Texas at San Antonio